Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DINYB Blogfest!


You know what I noticed a few weeks ago? 

EJ Wesley's NA supernatural suspense, Blood Fugue. Talk about original cover art—wow! This book really stood out, and that's why I'm highlighting it now. 

As part of the Did I Notice Your Book blogfest, I’m giving EJ a public shout-out. Let’s see how long it takes him to find it! ;)



  About the book...  

“'Some folks treated the past like an old friend. The memories warmed them with fondness for what was, and hope for what was to come. Not me. When I thought of long ago, my insides curdled, and I was left feeling sour and wasted.'

Jenny Schmidt is a young woman with old heartaches. A small town Texas girl with big city attitude, she just doesn’t fit in. Not that she has ever tried.

Life has pummeled her heart into one big, lonely callus. She has no siblings, both parents were dead by sixteen, and her last grandparent—and caretaker—was in the ground before she turned twenty-one. She’s the last living member of her immediate family. Or so she thinks…

'We found my ‘grandfather’ sitting at his dining room table. An entire scorched pot of coffee dangled from his shaky hand. His skin was the ashen gray shade of thunderclouds, not the rich mocha from the photo I’d seen. There were dark blue circles under each swollen red eye. A halo of white hair skirted his bald head, a crown of tangles and mats. Corpses had more life in them.'

Suddenly, instead of burying it with the dead, Jenny is forced to confront the past. Armed only with an ancient family journal, her rifle, and an Apache tomahawk, she must save her grandfather’s life and embrace her dangerous heritage. Or be devoured by it."

   Where to find EJ...  

BLOG  | TWITTER  |  GOODREADS  

Did you see EJ's cover last month?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great week, guys! ♥

57 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You just made EJ's day!
Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

Kyra Lennon said...

I've seen this book around a lot, I might have to give it a try! :D

Elise Fallson said...

Definitely an eye catcher! I've got this one on my tbr list, can't wait to get to it. (:

Lisa Regan said...

Very cool!

Marta Szemik said...

The cover reminds me of Picasso's work:)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

That is a very cool cover. Thanks for sharing.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I hadn't noticed EJ's book, but I certainly am now. Very unigue, eye-catcher. "Hey, EJ, Carrie's noticed your book!" You mean that kind of shout out, eh?

cleemckenzie said...

Stopping to find out what book you noticed! Great job at picking a good one out. Sounds delightfully erie. Perfect for October.

Unknown said...

GET OUT!!! I've just been working my way through the DINYB list, posting waaayyyyy too lengthy comments for someone trying to get through them all before noon and--WOOMP! There I am! :-D *cue obscure 90s song reference*

Seriously didn't expect to see me pop up today, and it made me giggle like a schoolboy.

Carrie, I'd seriously hug you if I didn't fear electrical shock from squeezing the computer. You're the best! I'm going to go and gloat over Alex's soon. :-)

Sherry Ellis said...

I did notice EJ's cover last month. Very cool! I see he noticed!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Wow. Sounds like quite the book. And that cover is deep. The more you look at it, the more sinister it gets.

Melissa said...

If you haven't read it, you're missing a good story. ;)

Yolanda Renée said...

Carrie,

Love to read the author's post when they find their books listed.

E J -- awesome!

Nancy Thompson said...

Oh yes, I've seen EJ's book all over the place!

Dana Mason said...

I've never seen this one. What a great cover. I'll have to check it out.

Ciara said...

Yay, EJ!!! Great notice. I'm so happy for him. Thanks for participating.

Carrie Butler said...

I'm glad! :) No problem, Alex. It was fun!

LynNerdKelley said...

Very cool cover. Sounds like an intense read, too!

Livia Peterson said...

I have heard of this book around the blogosphere before so the title is definitely familiar to me. Not my type of read, though. Very cool cover!

Carrie Butler said...

Couldn't hurt! :)

Carrie Butler said...

Same here! If my TBR list consisted of physical books, I'd probably be featured on Hoarders. ;)

Carrie Butler said...

Oo, I could see that! :)

Carrie Butler said...

I agree. :)

No problem, Susan! Thank you for stopping by!

Golden Eagle said...

I did! His book got a lot of attention. :)

J.L. Campbell said...

I came across this book when it was being released. It looks a little different now. Dunno why. Cool though.

Carrie Butler said...

Yeah! Whatever works. ;)

Carrie Butler said...

Thanks, Lee! It's a fun blogfest, isn't it? :)

Unknown said...

I loved this cover when it was released and the blurb is quite interesting. Great pick!

Tara Tyler said...

great scary story! even the cover frightens me!
2nd mention i've seen!

Kelley Lynn said...

Ooo, I've NEVER seen this. (So I guess this confirms I am actually living under a rock... bummer)

Thanks for posting about this my dear!

Morgan said...

Eeeeee!!!!! EJ rocks! And I've read his stuff and he is uber talented. Fantastic highlight, Carrie! ;)

Carrie Butler said...

I will not get out, Mr. Wesley. This is my blog, and I intend to stay here. *Grins* Yeah, I'm going to pretend I didn't just do a little dance to that.

You're very welcome! I was happy to feature you. :D

Carrie Butler said...

He sure did! Thanks for stopping by, Sherry. :)

Carrie Butler said...

Good point, Donna! It does seem to gain depth the more you stare at it. :)

Carrie Butler said...

I will soon! :D

Carrie Butler said...

Isn't that a great moment? I love the joy we share in this community. :D

Carrie Butler said...

Woohoo! :)

Carrie Butler said...

It certainly stands out, doesn't it? :)

Carrie Butler said...

I'm happy for him, too. :) No, problem, Ciara. Thank you for hosting!

Carrie Butler said...

It really does! I can't wait to read it. :)

Carrie Butler said...

Thanks for stopping by, Livia! :)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

This is so great to see EJ's book here. Very cool!

Carrie Butler said...

Yeah! :)

Carrie Butler said...

I think it's one of those images you could see a dozen times and still see new details the next time you look at it. :)

Carrie Butler said...

Thanks, Michael! :)

Carrie Butler said...

I'm glad EJ is getting the attention he rightly deserves. :D

Carrie Butler said...

Then the blogfest was a success! :) No problem, Kelley!

Carrie Butler said...

Yeah, he does! :D Thanks, Morgan!

Carrie Butler said...

And it's great to see you here, Lynda! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Lydia Kang said...

Yay! EJ found your post!

Lindsay N. Currie said...

That's a fun idea! Cool sounding book, too!

i'm erin. said...

One day I too will have a book listed. Awesome book.

Carrie Butler said...

Yeah! :) This was a fun blogfest!

Carrie Butler said...

Isn't it? I really enjoyed this blogfest. :D

Carrie Butler said...

Heck yeah! I look forward to that day. :D

Nick Wilford said...

It's a striking cover. I've seen it around too and I want to read this! I get totally absorbed just in EJ's blog posts, so I'm sure his writing is incredible.

Carrie Butler said...

Same here, Nick! :) Thanks for stopping by!