1. P.K. Hrezo and I will be posting information regarding the HOW I FOUND THE WRITE PATH e-book on Thursday. In the meantime, would you consider helping us get it free? Here is the Amazon Kindle link: www.amazon.com/How-Found-Write-Path-Compilation-ebook/dp/B00NEXVQBM
► Please go there, scroll down, and click 'Tell Us About a Lower Price'.
► Click 'Website (Online)'
► Feed them the iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/how-i-found-write-path-compilation/id917388977?mt=11
► Enter $0.00 in the next two fields.
► Click 'Submit Feedback'.
Thank you so much. :)
2. My good friend L.G. Kelso is here today—actually, the main character from her debut FIERCE is here today, so you'd better pay attention. This is not a girl you want to cross... ;)
Am I talking about L.G. or her character Tori? Maybe both!
Hi! This is Tori Rhoads, and I've been asked to share my top ten favorite moves. Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Sacrifice Throw. There are multiple types of sacrifice throws. Sacrifice throws can be dangerous as they involve taking yourself down to get your opponent down. The video demonstrates my favorite one.
2. Spinning elbow. I love me some elbows.
3. Spinning backhand. Maybe I just like spinning?
4. Muay thai roundhouse kicks (thai kicks). Kicking is one my favorites.
5. Hip throws.
6. Triangle (see video for a basic triangle).
9. Anaconda (see video).
10. The Peruvian.
And now a video from Tori's stunt-double, L.G. Kelso!
About the video: There are four moves that occur in Fierce that are demonstrated in this video. This includes the sacrifice throw done by Tori in a scene toward the end of the novel, an anaconda and a triangle--both of these are chokes used in fight scenes in Fierce. It also includes a modified no-Gi clock choke which is called the Bennet Choke in Fierce. It is the signature move used by character Will Bennet and the move that drastically impacted Tori (staying spoiler free here but this move is an important one for the book).
About the Book
Tori’s MMA career was taking off, until she beat the wrong man. Her training partner, nursing a bruised ego, snapped—shattering her trust and confidence.Three years later, Tori’s keeping her fists to herself as she struggles to put herself through college. But when a group of gangbangers hassle her at work, old habits kick in and her fists fly. Max Estrada, a frequent diner customer, steps in and gets them out of hot water, but Tori is still fired… days before tuition is due.
With no other option, she’s forced to take a desk job at her old pounding grounds, where her demons still haunt the cage and the temptation to go glove-to-glove with familiar pro-fighter, Max Estrada, is too much. The sexy Colombian draws her back into the world of MMA and revives her dreams of becoming a professional face-puncher—until Will, her old partner and current Middleweight Champion, struts back into the gym. The secret they share is an unexpected liability to his career, and he’s determined to keep her silent.
With her life on the ropes, Tori will have to face the past for a shot at winning back her future, or carry the weight of a loss even greater than before.
About the Author
L.G. Kelso is a fantasy and contemporary novelist. Having grown up watching Xena and Hercules with her grandmother, she inherited her passion for all things magic, paranormal and mythological. She also has a probably unhealthy obsession with martial arts, and as a boxer she strives to give readers an authentic view of MMA in her contemporary sports novel.
Question of the Week:
Do you have a signature move?