Guess who's back? It's the lovely and talented Jessica Therrien! Yay!
We "met" a few months ago during Rach's 3rd Writers' Platform-Building Campaign. Turns out we're around the same age, both write paranormal romance, and indulge in some of the same areas of nerdiness. How cool is that?
Her debut novel, OPPRESSION, came out 02/28/12 and I'm just dyin' to tell you guys more about her! (If you missed the post I did for her virtual launch party, you can find it here.) Ready? :)
1. Let’s start with the question you’re going to be asked from now until the end of time: What inspired you to write OPPRESSION?
In short, it was my YA book addiction. I went crazy over a certain vampire related series…I’m not sure if you’ve heard of it ;) Then I ate my way through the Hunger Games. After that, I needed more! I tried out a few books, but nothing satisfied my need for that next great YA book. So, I figured I’d write what I wanted to read…
Nope. Never heard of either series. I can't imagine getting addicted to them... *grins and nudges a pile of books under her desk*
2. ZOVA Books—located in LA—is only a couple of hours away from Chula Vista, right? (Thank you, Google Maps. Until five minutes ago, this Midwestern/Appalachian girl did not know where Chula Vista was!) Have you had the opportunity to meet anyone who had a hand in OPPRESSION?
Not only have I met most of the people who worked on Oppression, but I’ve actually grown to be great friends with a few of them. The wonderful thing about ZOVA Books is that they develop personal relationships with their writers. They treat them as friends or family, and they have really taken me under their wing. Oppression wouldn’t be what it is today without their genius. They’re pretty much publishing super heroes. They walk around in capes and say witty things. I’m a lucky one to have them.
Lucky, indeed! I wish I knew people in capes...
3. Speaking of OPPRESSION, if you could be a descendant of any Greek god, who would it be and why?
I’m going to go with Hermes or Iris. Weird choices I know, but you’ll have to read the book to find out why ;)
Oh, we will. We will... ;)
4. If OPPRESSION had a soundtrack, what would the first song be?
First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes OR Everlong by Foo Fighters
If only someone would make it so people could listen to those two songs while they finished reading the interview... *does the Bewitched nose twitch*
Ta da! :)
5. How many books do you plan on writing for your CHILDREN OF THE GODS series?
You know…I’m going to say three. I’ve always envisioned three, but my publisher says I need to keep the option open for more. Just in case…
Hey, I'm all for more. Get ready for some quick questions!
- Soft drinks! Do you call them pop,
soda, or coke? Soda
- You’re stranded on a desert island
with one thing. What is it? My husband
- Are you a Browncoat or are you with
the Alliance? Seriously? Browncoat…hello…I’m assuming you’re a fellow
You know it!
- Did you geek out over that last
question? So bad…started googling images of Mal. He’s hot okay. (PS –
my mom has the Serenity ship logo tattooed on her ankle…no joke.)
I kid you not. That is the greatest thing I've heard all day.
- You’re stressed out. What’s the
first thing you reach for? T.V. I’m addicted. It chills me out.
- Who’s your favorite paranormal
romance writer/interviewer extraordinaire, whose name rhymes with Keri Putler? Why Carrie Butler of course!
:O What a pleasant and totally unexpected answer! Thank you!
Follow Jessica on: Facebook | Twitter | GoodReads
Find OPPRESSION at: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, & GoodReads.
Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! Have a great week, guys! ♥